In this episode we chat to John Featherby about B Corp certification. John’s consultancy firm Shoremount was one of the founding B Corps in the UK. John is an Ambassador for B Lab, and he now helps and supports businesses to join the movement and become certified B Corps. If you’re a brand or business who is considering embarking on your own B Corp certification or if you’re keen to simply find out more, you will find this an insightful episode as John shares some great behind the scenes tips and practical advice.
A few highlights…
- The B Impact Assessment is a free public resource for organisations to get better.” (7:20)
- “It’s about getting serious about what market place you now exist in [and] being a decent human being.” (14:02)
- The mistakes people make when trying to achieve B Corp certification. (28:27)
- The importance of involving the whole team in the process. (28:50)
- Can B Corp attract investors? (44:25)
- “This is an incredible time to be alive [and] to have the opportunity really recreate the economy.” (45:37)
If you've been inspired by any of the guests or content on this show and you'd like to share your thoughts or expertise to our Feel-Good Brands community of founders and leaders, we're always looking out for new guests for the Brand Talks podcast, so do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beyond is a creative branding agency working with brands that make a positive impact.