In this episode we chat to Sue Fennessy, founder and CEO of WeAre8 – a media company on a mission to challenge and turn the online advertising world on its head by injecting respect, transparency and large dose of good into an industry that has lost its way.
In this episode we discuss…
- “We have social networks where we’re providing the content and we’re being used and sold and they’re keeping all the money…” 3:42
- “The average engagement rate is under 1% on a digital ad, so it’s not like it’s even working today… 99% of people are not engaged with your ad...” 7:08
- “Every brand leader knows that unless you have a direct relationship with your customers and you stand for something that they care about, you’re going to be in trouble in the next five years” 22:48
- “...Facebook are shocking for many reasons... but the [worst] is what they haven’t done — they connected 2 billion people... but they’ve never united us for good…” 25:41
- “We want to be held accountable, we want people to have the power that they deserve.” 34:38
- “We need women in tech and we need women in BIG tech.” 37:15
If you've been inspired by any of the guests or content on this show and you'd like to share your thoughts or expertise to our Feel-Good Brands community of founders and leaders, we're always looking out for new guests for the Brand Talks podcast, so do get in touch at email@example.com.
- Beyond is a creative branding agency working with brands that make a positive impact.