In this episode we chat to Ivo Gormley, founder of GoodGym, the community of runners, cyclists and walkers who combine getting fit with doing good. GoodGym is powered by a mission to improve the physical and mental wellbeing of their members and to create happier, healthier, and better-connected communities. In this episode Ivo tells us about how he and team responded to and adapted to the pandemic, and you can also learn more about how you can join up and get involved in the great work that GoodGym do.
In this episode we discuss…
- “Fitness is always going to be incredibly important to us and running too; but we also want to be really accessible and flexible for anyone who wants to get involved to benefit from what we do...” 2:45
- “And it's very well proven that doing things for other people and doing good things for other people is incredibly good for you. One of the best things you can do for your own well-being is to do something positive, something helpful for someone else...” 4:23
- “GoodGym is a mechanism for people to get involved. I think so many people would like to do a bit more exercise, and so many people would like to do a little bit more to help them help their community. So, our role is to make it easy for people to combine getting fit and doing good.” 16:42
- "Our goal is to create happier, healthier and better-connected cities. And I think there are many people who share those, those goals... [together] we can tell an incredibly powerful story about the impact of running and what running can do forpeople's lives, but we're also about positive energy in communities...” 29:20
- “Providing all of your employees with GoodGym membership is an exciting alternative to a normal gym membership...” 30:58
If you've been inspired by any of the guests or content on this show and you'd like to share your thoughts or expertise to our Feel-Good Brands community of founders and leaders, we're always looking out for new guests for the Brand Talks podcast, so do get in touch at email@example.com.
- Beyond is a creative branding agency working with brands that make a positive impact.